David: Hey, Chris, can you show me the accounts for this month? We need to do some cost-cutting.
Chris: Sure, the accounts show our company has saved 30% taxes this month.
Here David is a Company Secretary advising his company on growth and benefits while Chris is a Chartered Accountant preparing finance sheets for his company.
Both David and Chris are important officials required in any organization. One is specialized in finance and accounts while the other holds good expertise in corporate governance and company law.
Despite being completely different, both these careers are usually confused between individuals. The scope of both these careers is compared closely.
Scope of a Chartered Accountant
- Chartered Accountants can either work for companies or practice on their developing clients as per merit.
- Many private CA organizations hire them.
- Their services are of huge benefit to the capital market. Hence, their expertise is always in demand.
- Qualified and knowledgeable chartered accountants possess the ability to work for public sector undertakings and government agencies.
- Chartered Accountants even contribute towards profit enhancement and decision-making activities within a firm.
- Their services are also in huge demand across financial and manufacturing service sectors.
- This field has emerged as one of the best career options even for the women in these present times.
Scope of a Company Secretary
- CS experts are considered the authority on communication and company laws. Both of these factors help in the smooth functioning of an organization.
- CS skills and expertise are highly sought after by financial institutions, nationalized banks, government-backed units, departments of company affairs, and stock exchanges.
To conclude, there is a huge scope of making it big in both the fields. So, you must make your choice from your heart while completely dedicating yourself to your position with passion.
Chances are you might get stuck in your pursuit of success in both the fields. What you need is the self-confidence to emerge successful even after all hindrances.